On December 12, the fourth anniversary of the death of Bishop Javier Echevarría, we would like to make a brief recollection of his visits to Pallerols.
As we know, everything that referred to Pallerols moved him enormously and proof of this was every two or three years he escaped to that area. In total, he was five times somewhere along the route from Pallerols to Andorra.
- The first time was on July 4, 2002. It was in Peramola, Pallerols and Fenollet.
- On September 5, 2007, on the 70th anniversary of St. Josemaría's passage through these lands on his way to Andorra, he was in Pallerols for the second time and also visited the Ribalera, the Corb House, the Cabin of San Rafael and the Balsa.
- On September 2, 2010, he returned to Pallerols, also visiting the Cabin of San Rafael, the village of Ares, the river of Civís, the Ravine Cabra Morta and the village of Argolell.
- On December 1, 2012, the 75th anniversary of St. Josemaría's passage, he went to Andorra to bless a statue of St. Josemaría in the church of Sant Julià de Lòria. In the afternoon of the same day he participated in the VI Day of the Roads of Freedom through the Pyrenees, and was received by the ecclesiastical and civil authorities of the Principality.
- Finally, on September 3, 2015, he went for the fourth and last time to Pallerols to bless the old reconstructed rectory. In the afternoon of the same day he visited the Cabin of San Rafael.
Let us entrust ourselves to him so that many people come to Pallerols to meet the Virgin and obtain from Her conversion and help to always do God's will, as saint Josemaria did in the fall of 1937.
To remember the stays of D. Javier in Pallerols, clik hear.