Summary of the conference by Jordi Piferrer (38 minutes)
1. Brief political and social situation in Madrid in
2. The reason for leaving Madrid
3. Escape expeditions to Andorra: the Llobregat and
4. Itinerary covered by the Escrivá de Balaguer
5. The moral or spiritual suffering of
Saint Josemaría: Am I doing the will of God?; "the dark night". On 3
5.1 In Barcelona: he wants to return to Madrid
5.2 In Pallerols: the Rialb rose (November 22)
5.3 In the Cabin of San Rafael (November 27)
6. Aubenç: “burn the ships” (November 28)
7. Physical suffering: the fainting spells of
7.1 On de mountain of Ares (November 29)
7.2 In the Civís River (December 1)
8. Crossing the border (night from December 1 to 2)
9. Saint Josemaría in Andorra (December 2-10)
Summary of Salvador Serrano's conference (13 minutes)
1. Physiological aspects of an escape expedition.
2. They came immunosuppressed due to stress due to
persecution, lack of food, the cold of the Pyrenees in November, lack of
shelter, inappropriate footwear, etc.
3. The positive aspect of stress is that they had a
strong psychological conviction that they would make it to Andorra, as well as
the supernatural inspiration that moved them to keep going despite the difficulties.
4. Currently, I find it very interesting to relive
this experience following the same itinerary that Saint Josemaría followed, but
with modern means: adequate clothing, footwear, and food.
5. All of this will undoubtedly be a magnificent
opportunity to find this personal “path of liberation” in the midst of the
silence of the mountains.